SYKORA SOUNDOFF

3 boys and a girl...a recipe for pure entertainment...no time to write a book, so I blog






























































Wednesday, July 6, 2011

#3 and the BIG 1!

When your baby turns 1 it is a BIG deal. Way back when Kale celebrated the turning of day 365; I was in nursing school, working full time and pregnant with Barett. Exhausted from my life, I had worked the night before and had neither the time or the energy to make him a proper official birthday cake for the day. So, I did the next best thing and stopped at Hy-vee on my way home from work and got him his very first donut....thus was born a tradition in our house of "the Birthday Donut"! Kale's was raised pink and white spinkles for Valentine's Day, Barett's was straight raised with Chocolate frosting, and Laeth had a raised with chocolate frosting and red, white and blue stripes...his brother's had hoped for a flop, but Laeth did not disappoint and devoured the whole thing!!


Later in the day, with Dave working so much and not knowing when and if he would be able to make it home, we made a smaller demolishing cake. Yet again, Laeth did not disappoint with his food eating antics. It is hard to believe that a year has gone by. It amazes me everyday with what he learns. He is not a walker yet, but makes up for it with his personality and "word slews" which involve "NO" and "DA-DAH" somewhere and when the day has been enough he is the first to cuddle up and say "Na Night". I am so grateful to be the mom to all my boys, but my baby has got me wrapped(atleast for now)!







Posted by Picasa