SYKORA SOUNDOFF

3 boys and a girl...a recipe for pure entertainment...no time to write a book, so I blog






























































Thursday, August 18, 2011

You know its coming...


So if someone would have told me 5 yrs ago that August 18, 2011 would have been the beginning of my undoing; I would have laughed. I was on top the world with this perfect little brand new baby boy. Little did I know, 5 years later he would break my heart on his first day of Kindergarten looking me in the face with those big blue eyes and telling me "Mommy it's gonna be Ok, Kindergarten is only for a little while". I thought to myself yeah, I suppose it is, but then it turns into 1st grade, 2nd.grade...and before you know it he's off to college.



Anyone who has been around me lately knows that I have been dreading this day for a while. I wasn't exactly sure how to handle the goodbye, let alone all by myself(Dave is out of town). But we did our best. Up at 0630, lunch packed, last minute school supplies acconted for, everyone packed up into the car and away we went. I warned Barett it was gonna be a "tuck and roll" drop off at preschool since we were running late...and we ARE not going to be late for the first day of Kindergarten...NO WAY! Got B to his class, said a quick goodbye and then off down the road to Kale's new school. I must admit I did alot better than the mom's with the film crew who looked like they got up at 3am to get themselves ready for a hollywood photoshoot. We walked up, talked about remembering the way to the classroom(tomorrow he is on his own-school's request), and asking someone to help him if he gets lost. Finally we arrived at Mrs. Honeyman's Kindergarten class and he was ALL about it. After a few snap shots and a hug and kiss goodbye for Laeth and I, my little man was ready to take on the world one watercolor at a time.





That should have been the end of emotion and BIG moments, but not for this family. After weeks and weeks of coaxing and pondering whether he was ever going to let go of the push toy, Laeth walked all by himself!!!! We had been reading books on the floor when he crawled away to grab a block. He turned around a looked right at me, stood up, took 3 steps and fell into my lap...have no fear Kleenex will be in business for a while with the way things are going around here!