SYKORA SOUNDOFF

3 boys and a girl...a recipe for pure entertainment...no time to write a book, so I blog






























































Thursday, May 19, 2011

All sorts of emotion

 Kale graduated from preschool today ....my 4lb baby dressed in a blue cap and gown complete with tassel and diploma...the class of 2011 and I was a teary eyed mess! He looked so handsome and grown up I couldn't help but think that this is the beginning of a 13 yr whirlwind of homework, tests, sports, girlfriends, cars, long nights of worry, early mornings of  practices...right now you think I am crazy but I could see him graduating high school in the same blue just a little taller and with his amazing brain so much more full of knowledge.  It is amazing how becoming a parent I have become so much more emotional than I was at my own graduation. Granted I don't remember my own preschool graduation, but I would venture to say that my  parents had much the  same swell of emotions and fears. 






Probably the last time Dave will be able to lift Kale up when he's
wearing a cap and gown!

Kale and his buddy Jackson...2 days apart in age 2in in height

Those Sykora Boys


















In other news from the house of blues...just came up with that thank you very much:0) I visited the real House of Blues in Vegas this last weekend with a girlfriend from work...Vegas is so much different than it was when I was 15 and not able to gamble. Biggest disappointment...the weather was 60's and low 70's and windy the whole time we were there...epic fail when you stay at the hotel with the best pool and you have to hit the gift shop to buy a sweatshirt to check the pool out! All was not lost though, David Copperfield did not disappoint with his mastery of illusions, we drank with true coyotes at the "UGLY" bar and walked the whole strip in search of a pirate sword for my little swash buckler Barett. Kale did not lose out either with a chameleon puppet and frog hat from the Rainforest Cafe. Pictures will follow soon.  It was a nice little break for 3 days and I came home to my house clean and kids alive in one piece...props to my hubby!

Our Family